If you thought that only the larger breeds of dogs are fun to be around then you are grossly mistaken.
The smaller breeds like Chihuahua and Pomeranian are not only adorable to look at but are also a lot of fun to have as pets.
They might be small in their statures but do more than makeup for it with their incredible and interesting personalities.
Listed below are 7 fun facts about the small breeds that can lighten up your day and make you feel like adopting one right away.
- Did you know that your Chihuahua might actually be rolling around in your bed and eating your leftovers while you are gone? They might even watch TV all day long if you missed switching it off. However, this breed is also very intelligent at the same time and will stop the moment they sense a human being returning.
- If you were planning to eat that muffin all by yourself, you probably do not have the faintest idea that your Pomeranian might have been plotting to have the biggest chunk of the same muffin. Smaller breeds tend to plot at the back of their minds and then try every trick in the book to achieve it.
- Smaller breeds are excellent at picking up new hobbies and if you want to try hula hooping, it is likely that your pet will learn it earlier. Smaller breeds love hula hooping.
- Smaller breeds tend to do the quirkiest things at around Age 6. If you have had a small breed dog as a pet or someone you know have had one, you might hear stories of Chanel having made a glorious escape from the backyard at around age 6 and then coming back to it after a war was fought and won.
- If you happen to give a dog of a small breed a bath, ensure that they are wrapped in a towel as soon as possible after the bath. This is because a bath leaves them scrawny and apparently ugly and these dogs are so conscious of their appearance that they detest the post-bath look. Research suggests that smaller breeds always like maintaining their adorableness and a towel helps them attain that.
- These dogs have a feeling that they need to place or perch themselves in a position of authority so as to be heard and followed. Very often, you would find your Chihuahua on the dinner table, perched in a way so as to look authoritative.
- They observe and they keep tabs. A small breed would absolutely keep a tab on all your activities and later disclose them by behaving unpredictably when you need them to behave well.
These activities of smaller breeds are funny and interesting at the same time and if you feel that these facts have been able to motivate you enough, do consider adopting a smaller breed of dog to experience each one of these points. It only looks like a smaller breed is not hard work but only a pet parent to a small breed would know the toil and trouble.
This post was contributed by Pete Decker, the Lead Editor at The Goody Pet. Pete loves to share his passion for pets through snippets of interesting and helpful information. You can find more of Pete at his website, Twitter or Facebook